Worth checking 4 Generations 4 Education for valuable professional development opportunities!
We enjoy educating, we embrace challenges and most of the time we do spread the positive around us. We are looking for inspiration in our quest for making the difference and often we surpass ourselves.
We enter the students’ world and we explore mistakes in our lives. We allow ourselves to fail, often, and we are comfortable with not knowing what is about to happen.
We are vulnerable but we step outside the comfort zone. We believe we can learn anything starting by questioning everything.
We dream big.
According to Erickson (2014), ‘children need to grapple with the content, knowledge, and skills they are learning in order to reach conceptual understandings’.
Join me in this workshop to explore together how conceptual understanding will help students decode life and adapt their learning to different situations.
Erickson. H.L. 2014. Transitioning to Concept-Based Curriculum and Instruction. How to bring content and process together, p. 55. Corwin.
Under the 4 Generations 4 Education generous agenda of events I have presented a workshop that focused on communication and trust as successful elements to construct a powerful school culture.
Hosted by the the Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai, this event was an excellent opportunity to identify, explore and broaden the perspective over the settings we are activating as educators and to share strategies that give results.
We have inquired over various concepts such as constructionism, trustworthiness, listening, Activity Theory, assessment, Zone of Proximal Development and scaffolding, school culture, vision and mission, learning environments and most of all we had fun in a group of dedicated educators.
We examined the characteristics of elevated communication and we have identified challenges of how communication is shaping relationships. Investigating conceptual understandings for constructing a positive learning environment and reviewing the purposes of assessment were areas that often positioned us out of our comfort zone.
The time will prove the success of this event, as when returning inspired to our schools we will empower students and colleagues towards continuing this learning adventure that started on the 28th and 29th of October.
As educators, I believe we are seeking more for learning in adventure than adventure in learning! This workshop has been an adventure where learning happened at a high level and I’ve felt inspired by the professionals I worked with! Thank you!
When looking for valuable opportunitie to develop professionally, 4 Generations 4 Education takes this mission beyond expectations and sets a high standard in international educational services.
Recently I attended a PYP workshop about inquiry and assessment in PE, led by Andy Vasily. It was a positive experience and I decided to start my blog with the things that inspired me the most:
- CONNECTING with other PE teachers is an essential step to be inspired by a continuously growing and interactive community. Use platforms such as Twitter to share loads of ideas and resources with teachers from all over the world.
- TECHNOLOGY in PE is becoming more and more an integrated part of our activity, at every level. The use of iPhones, iPads or any other mobile devices in planning, assessment or coaching is becoming an every-day reality. Since our students are “digital natives”, they will engage better into the tasks you’re preparing for them. Challenging for some of us, but so rewarding at the end of the road!
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT is one of the most important aspects in our activity as educators. Whenever I have the chance to interact with a workshop leader and other professionals, I take the opportunity right away. Engage in workshops, seminars, online PD or free online courses to stay connected and updated, never limit yourself to what your school offers you!
- TAKE ACTION of what you’re learning. When I learn something new, my view about the world changes. As this new view influences my actions, then this new view becomes part of my actions. When returning to your school from a workshop, apply one new thing at a time to experience success.
- GOOD TEACHING is L.I.F.E.! And no one could have said it better than Andy and the amazing educators who reflected on it. You can read about it here: http://www.pyppewithandy.com/good-teaching-is-life.html
Read more about Andy Vasily here: http://www.pyppewithandy.com/
Thanks to Osama and the Greenfield Community School from Dubai for organizing this event. You’ve provided a great environment for learning!